<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Putting The "Ass" Back In "Asset"... 


Dammit, Shit, Fuck, Hell, Crap, Poop! United Parcel Service seems, due to some bad karma on my part, to have some sort of stinkin' damn grudge against me. I can almost sense when they're about to screw with me, too, it's uncanny...See, if I order something that I merely want, it'll arrive MOSTLY on time...If I order something that I ACTUALLY NEED, however, those bastards at UPS will find SOME way to misroute my package. If by some miracle they don't misroute it, they'll simply forget to deliver it. failing that, If they have a chance to do so, they'll actually lose my package WITHIN THE LOCAL FACILITY ("I know it's here SOMEWHERE"...). They're real effing efficient at PISSING ME OFF, which seems to be about the ONLY thing that they're consistent at. The latest evil deed that this vile global shipping entity has perpetrated upon yours truly has to do with the top prize t-shirt that I ordered for the big poker tournament this weekend...

As I mentioned last week, I ordered the shirt from CafePress in what I hoped was an ample amount of time to have it produced and shipped to me. This, in fact, WAS the case right up until stinkin' UPS got their greasy mitts on the thing...With an originally scheduled delivery of tomorrow, which would have been AWESOME seeing as the tournament is this Saturday, UPS took it upon themselves to route the package the wrong God Damned way...Seriously. The wrong direction. The information that I am able to get from the tracking page tells me the following:

AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE

Hey, thanks at least for FIGURING OUT THAT SAN JOSE, CALI-FUCKING-FORNIA IS NOT THE SAME AS COLORADO FRICKIN' SPRINGS, COLORADO! As such, the delivery has been rescheduled for Monday the 13th. MONDAY! Dammit...This means that my smokin' top prize will not even be AVAILABLE to award to whomever ends up being the big winner of the poker tournament. Oh Heck no, instead, I'll have a FUCKING PICTURE of the shirt to show the winner with the promise that they'll get the shirt EVENTUALLY. I say eventually because, even though delivery is SCHEDULED for Monday, I still don't trust that it'll happen. No, Something else COULD go wrong...I won't trust UPS until I get my shipment in hand and EVEN THEN I'll still want to poke those assholes in their collective left eye for the consistent level of incompetence that they display...

Not that Fed Ex is any better...Ah well...Enough of that crap...

So if you happen to be an astute observer of change (and things like it), you may have noticed that I added an Avalanche logo to my sidebar (right over there...TO YOUR LEFT! yeah, there). This is due to the fact that I am participating, thanks to Tricia, in the big Rocket Jones Hockey Whoopass Jamboree wherin competitors (like me) choose their hockey team and, because hockey KICKS ASS, proudly display that team's logo on their site (Like I did). You are then required to talk trash about impending games with other Whoopass Jamboree competitors and, if your team loses to a team that's been claimed by another competitor, you have no choice other than to display said opposing team's logo IN PLACE of your team's logo for a period of...what...24 hours or so...Sounds fun!..Well, sounds fun as long as there'll be an NHL season that is...Let's all think collectively good thoughts about that collective bargaining agreement situation, shall we?

So, speaking of sports (we were), the NFL season kicks off tonight with the stinking Indianapolis Colts traveling to Foxboro, Mass. to take on the stinking defending SuperBowl champion New England Patriots...Hooray for football! This means that I can start to REALLY pay attention to my fantasy football teams...Go Broncos!..

Ooh, before I run off and be more productive and stuff, I'll share the fact that today, being that this week marks my 5-year anniversary at the agency, I had my annual review. Things went well! Apparently I'm an "asset" to the department (who knew!?). Always nice to hear such things when it comes to employment...Yay for being appreciated!...It's certainly better than having to look for a job...

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?