<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 27, 2004

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday!.. 

lots of images equal lots of load time. JUST BE PATIENT! Um...thanks.

It's a known fact that, when you rummage through old junk, you're often gonna find some stuff that you've forgotten about. In this case, my sister did the rummaging. OK, it was actually packing up to move, but it's almost the same thing. Anyway, among the junk that she's unearthed in the process are some old photographs, some of which I will share with you all for lack of anything better. The sharing begins now:


March, 1981. In this picture, we were getting ready to go play miniature golf at a "western-themed" putt-putt course. As such, us dumbasses DRESSED UP IN WESTERN GARB. Ah-heh...Anyway, I'm on the left, Heather's on the right. True to form, once she turned to get in the car, I shot her in the back. Hey, I AM the law west of the Pecos...Or wherever the Hell we are...


1985...L to R Heather, Grandma, Grandpa, Mom and Dad. Where am I? TAKING THE PICTURE! Surprising that nobody's head was cut off.


1980...Knott's Berry Farm in California. Heather seems disinterested in the GIANT FUCKING TORTOISE but I, wisely, am eyeing the damn thing with cautious concern. After reading Collin's story about his evil flesh-eating turtle, it's a wonder I ever made it out of there alive...


1976...Another family photo, but in this case Mom must be snapping it. L to R, Heather, Dad, Me, Grandpa, Uncle Ray and Grandma. By the way, Grandpa is named "Harold" and Grandma is named "Marjorie." They are my Mom's parents and are, in fact still alive. DIG THOSE 70S FASHIONS! Man, my Dad was a snappy dresser. And that HAIR...


HOT DAMN, I'M 3 YEARS OLD! 1977 brought many things...A football birthday cake, an orange "Honda" t-shirt and, apparently, no haircuts. It's no frickin' wonder everyone thought I was a girl. Also, yes...The not being able to close my mouth started very early. This may be an expression of excitement OR it could be that I'm frightened by that dinette set...


this is old. My Dad and I in a photobooth. DIG THAT GIANT COLLAR! I seem relatively confused by the prospect of having my picture taken...I think that booth stole my soul. I hope I got a receipt...


ah, 1981...Here I am with my 7th birthday cake sporting my #53 Randy Gradishar Broncos shirt. Again, no haircuts were coming my way it seems...Also, that rabbit looks positively forlorn at the prospect of it's being devoured. I wonder how the little bastard tasted...


whoo, wow. Here we are at the end of the 1970s...Apparently still trying to cling to the "Me Decade." I'm pictured making some sort of screwy "Eric Idle" face while Heather appears to be on her way to a Partridge Family audition. C'mon, get happy and DIG THAT RUG ON THE WALL! That belongs on a bathroom floor somewhere...


Oh holy crap...Wow...Um...CUT MY DAMN HAIR! If I don't look like the gayest little kid on the PLANET, I don't know who would. These little chunks of crap that we have here are our E-Z Bake Oven products. I know we ate them, but I don't remember them as spectacular. Still, damn. What's up with my hair?..


Hey, nice hair, Heather...Looks a lot like the extra life mushroom from Super Mario Brothers...Also, the chick in the background appears to be practicing backhanding herself in the nose. Keep workin' at it, Holly, you'll get it eventually! Then you can battle the pissed-off mushroom head girl!..


Hey, here's Halloween 1993. Yes, I KNOW I was too old to dress up...but I did it anyway. I was Sub-Zero and Ryan was Raiden. Unable to withstand my furious flying assault, Ryan went down in a heap...I believe his Thunder God career ended soon after...Heh...

AND FINALLY I have one more thing to share...My dad has said in the past that he doesn't seem to get enough mention on my little blog here. Well, Dad, here ya go. One of the best pictures of you that I could dig up...

hmm...that reminds me of someone....

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?