<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Advertising (Of The Damned)... 


I will admit, for the purpose of this post, that I am NOT a fan of the science fiction genre. I Just don't like it. I think the closest I've ever been to it, save for watching Mystery Science Theater 3000, is having read "On a Pale Horse" by Piers Anthony when I was in high school. This particular book was OK, at least I thought the premise was enjoyable. To sum up, Here's some plot: The main character is fed up with his life and prepares to commit suicide. As he levels the gun on his own head, the Grim Reaper shows up to collect his soul. Shocked, he turns the gun towards the Grim Reaper, fires it at him and kills him.

He kills the Grim Reaper instead of ending his own life...Cheating destiny...See the irony?

Anyway, since this guy killed the Angel of Death, he has to take over his duties, much like the film "The Santa Clause," but without all of that warm fuzzy family feelgood bullshit. There was also a segment on the most recent "Simpsons" Halloween episode that completely ripped off the same concept, except Homer became the Grim Reaper, he screws it all up, yadda yadda yadda...Anyway, that's not what this is about.

In the book "On a Pale Horse," Hell has taken to advertising, in all forms of media, to promote itself as a more viable "afterlife alternative." It's a novel concept if you think about it...Seeing advertisements for places that normally couldn't, or shouldn't, advertise. I thought I might take this concept and "run with it," so to speak...I now proudly present to you my idea for an ad that touts the benefits of the Corrections Department of the state of Alabama...
click to see it larger. No, really...Give it a try!
Don't drop the soap, kid.

This was fun...I'm thinking that these may lead to more audio entries and vice versa...Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?