<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 03, 2005

"Smush-Ins?" Is That What They Call 'Em?.. 


Hey, since "audio entries" perform the much needed "filling" of empty blog space (it's there, you just can't see it. It's been FILLED), I AM going to post my "re-production of an existing song." In truth, since I picked a song with no backing instrumentation of any kind, it was quite an easy feat to accomplish, I simply had to try and accentuate the original mood and feel of the tune. I'll surely try it with other (more musical) stuff eventually, but messin' with this particular song was something which I had wanted to do for a little while now...

For this little project, I chose the song O, Death, as performed by the original "man of constant sorrow" himself, Ralph Stanley. The song is featured on the O Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack and, even as a stand-alone vocal piece, is sullen and haunting. Stanley's rich vocal character comes through very well, even despite his advancing age. I wasn't trying to do anything spectacular with this, I just wanted to try and make the song a little "extra spooky" if you will. I think I succeeded, even though I added the Simpsons bit at the beginning (you'll see what I mean)...Please forgive me for that...LISTEN TO THE SONG!
click here for the sounds, baby!
Hope you enjoy it. I also hope I don't get into dire trouble for posting it. for that matter, I hope my lunch tastes good today. I also hope you'll comment if you listen to it. Thanks, kids...

Labels:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?