<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 12, 2004

I know Haiku! (back off! It'll mess you right up!) 


haiku (hi-koo)
n. pl. haiku, also haikus

1. A Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven,
and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.
2. A poem written in this form.



I've always been fond of the concept of haiku. It's like poetry, but not. It's so simple, with so few rules. I assume that traditional Japanese Haiku PROBABLY doesn't contain curse words, but since I don't speak or read Japanese well at all, I'd never know. Either way, I wanted to give haiku a whack (hoping it doesn't whack back) by haikuing my day. I think this was Wednesday. Anyway, here you go:

Email Arrives Now
"Let's Get Free Movie Tickets!"
Goddamn Fucking Spam!

Thanks For Finishing.
The Ad Is As Wrong As Shit.
Please To Do Over.

Inside Studio,
Camera. Microphone. Me.
Dammit! Stupid light!

Lunchtime! Frozen Meal
Claims To Be Mexican, But
I Sure Have My Doubts.

Scott Brings Chips And Dip
Grab A Few! Try The Dip! MMM!
Aww Shit, My Chip Broke.

Damn Todd Bertuzzi.
Hate Todd Fucking Bertuzzi.
Ban Him Forever!

Spalding Gray Is Gone.
Headphones On, Monologue On.
Why'd You Do It, Spud?

Get Up, Move Around.
Go Across The Parking Lot.
Come Back, Sit Back Down.

Yay, Five Fifty-One!
Let's Get The Hell Out Of Here.
No More Work Today.

(postscript: in elementary school they taught us to count syllables by clapping while sounding out a word...Imagine a 29 year old man sitting at his desk at work, mouthing words and clapping. A wee bit pathetic, I know.)

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?